Name:
Location: Wilmore, Kentucky, United States

I am a very complex person, with many facets that few people, if any, know about. That is probably because, while I am an open book, I leave it up to others to actually take the initiative to turn the pages. This blog is just a place for me to put down random thoughts and to think aloud sometimes. If you are reading this, thank you for your time and blessings to you.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Process

It has now been nearly two months since my mom passed away. I realized this morning that the grief, which was initially a deep, stabbing pain that could be clutched and comforted, has now turned into a dull, shallow emptiness, which is sucking the very life from me. I feel as if the life is slowly draining from me, being replaced with a black emptiness from which nothing escapes. I know that grief is a process, and I am forcing my way through it. I just wish I had someone to lean on during this process. I have spent years putting up walls so that gays don't know I am a devout Christian, and Christians don't know I am gay. In doing this, I prevent them from prematurely judging me and rejecting me. But at times like this, it also means that I have nobody that I can be completely open and honest with. It means that those who do know the real me, have not been allowed into my life deep enough to be a real support for me when I need it. I know that God is with me and walks beside me through all of this, but I wish He could become flesh and bone so that He could hold me and carry me (if necessary) through all this shit I am going. God help me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home