Name:
Location: Wilmore, Kentucky, United States

I am a very complex person, with many facets that few people, if any, know about. That is probably because, while I am an open book, I leave it up to others to actually take the initiative to turn the pages. This blog is just a place for me to put down random thoughts and to think aloud sometimes. If you are reading this, thank you for your time and blessings to you.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Kay Ellen (Daugherty) Masters (1939-2006)

My mother passed away at 12:55 AM Tuesday, October 17, 2006. I have said this several times and later I wonder what people will think if she isn't really dead. Then I realize that she really is. I endured the viewing and funeral. I know it is true. At times I am fine as ever. Then, I will see something, hear something, think of something, and start to cry uncontrollably for just a few minutes. Then I am okay again. I see something and think that I need to remember to tell mom about it, then I remember. I get back to Kentucky and think that I need to call my mom and let her know I got back okay, then I remember. I think of something I need to ask her, then I remember. I don't know how I could forget this since I physically feel like I have a hole in me between my heart and stomach. It is sinking in just how much a part of my life she is. For the last five years I have driven up to Indiana at least once a month, more often twice a month, and when she was sick, every weekend to do thinks for her. I fell like my life is now a large, empty, dark room where once her life filled it. Occasionally I hear a voice coming from the darkness saying, "I'm sorry." Then silence again and I am alone. I know that God will see me through this and that I will get over it, despite the fact that I will never forget her. But for now, I hurt. A tremendous, empty hurt. God help me, for He is the only One who can fill that hole in my life that mom previously occupied.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home