Name:
Location: Wilmore, Kentucky, United States

I am a very complex person, with many facets that few people, if any, know about. That is probably because, while I am an open book, I leave it up to others to actually take the initiative to turn the pages. This blog is just a place for me to put down random thoughts and to think aloud sometimes. If you are reading this, thank you for your time and blessings to you.

Friday, June 16, 2006

God loves me and hates you

I just got done listening to a guy explain why homosexual sex is purely evil and heterosexual fornication is, not okay, but not nearly as much of a sin. His reasoning was that, at least with fornication of heterosexuals, the conception of a child is possible, which is the ultimate good. But homosexuals can't concieve a child so their sex is unnatural. What about people who are barren? Is their sex unnatural. Of course this all started with a woman asking him about Lot offering his daughters to the men who sought to rape the angels in Sodom. If all those men were gay, then why would Lot offer them his daughters? Of course, this guy dodged the question and went into his "bash the gays" mode, spouting off about the sin of Sodom. Guess he forgot about Ezekiel saying that the sin of Sodom was that they had abundance and ease and did nothing to alleviate the suffering of the poor around them.

So, ignore the parts of the Bible that condemn what you do (ignore the poor, hate, divorce, greed, usury, etc), and not only concentrate on, but elevate in importance, the parts that condemn what others do (two people of the same sex loving each other). And then claim that the Bible is your guide for life. Let's hope that when they go hiking in the mountains, and they see a cliff in the guide book will force them to go clear around a valley to arrive at their destination, that they don't ignore the cliff and concentrate on the ease of going straight across to the other side. That could get someone killed....just like their gay bashing rhetoric has sometimes.

God help quell my anger,
God please touch my heart,
In bringing peace into this world,
God let me do my part.

P.S. - I saw a saying by a gay Vietnam veteran that really says a lot. It said, "When I was in the military, they gave me a medal for killing two men, and a discharge for loving one." As Christians, which are we called to do, kill or love?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home