Name:
Location: Wilmore, Kentucky, United States

I am a very complex person, with many facets that few people, if any, know about. That is probably because, while I am an open book, I leave it up to others to actually take the initiative to turn the pages. This blog is just a place for me to put down random thoughts and to think aloud sometimes. If you are reading this, thank you for your time and blessings to you.

Sunday, May 20, 2007

New Perspective on Life

Well, I did it. This week, I bought myself a new camera. Back in 1984, I purchased a Canon AE-1 Program SLR camera and used it quite a bit over the years. I bought a point and shoot digital camera in 1998 and have used it as my primary camera over the last 9 years. But this week, I took the plunge and bought a new Canon Digital Rebel XTi. I saw it as an opportunity to get back into photography and to get out and try and break the slump I have been in the last few months. I went out to Raven Run Nature Sanctuary and just walked and shot, trying to regain the creative eye I have not used in years. It is the first time in years that I have had to do anything more than aim the camera and push the button. Today was more of a play around day, to get the feel of what the camera can do and try different settings. A few examples of what I shot will appear on my Flickr page.