Name:
Location: Wilmore, Kentucky, United States

I am a very complex person, with many facets that few people, if any, know about. That is probably because, while I am an open book, I leave it up to others to actually take the initiative to turn the pages. This blog is just a place for me to put down random thoughts and to think aloud sometimes. If you are reading this, thank you for your time and blessings to you.

Saturday, June 30, 2007

The Struggle

The darkness is all consuming.

It seeks to draw me in.

I retain my grip to fight it.


I wait for the least little give.

Then I claw my way up and out of it.

It pulls back hard.


The further in I am the more powerful it is.

The further out I am the weaker it is.

I claw to get out and away from its grasp.


I lift up my hand to God.

Take it and pull me out.

He does not for He knows that in fighting it I become stronger.


It appears to be a stale mate.

It pulls me deeper and I pull back out.

Back and forth we go in the unending struggle.


But there is an end.

Each time I pull out, I get stronger.

I am able to get out a little further than before.


Hope is restored and I fight all the harder.

I do not look back at my tormentor for I might lose my grip and be consumed.

I concentrate only on the way out.


As I struggle I feel the darkness grow weaker.

It shrinks upon itself.

Soon it is too small to consume me.


When I am out I look back.

The darkness that was consuming me is gone.

Only the Light of the world is present behind me.

He was there all along keeping me from going in too far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home