Name:
Location: Wilmore, Kentucky, United States

I am a very complex person, with many facets that few people, if any, know about. That is probably because, while I am an open book, I leave it up to others to actually take the initiative to turn the pages. This blog is just a place for me to put down random thoughts and to think aloud sometimes. If you are reading this, thank you for your time and blessings to you.

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Eating Update

     It has been five weeks now since I changed what I eat, and it has been an interesting time.  I am opening myself up to so many new foods which I have never tried before, and eating more than I have in a long time.  I have tried kale, tofu, nutritional yeast, and portobello mushrooms (which I really love).  While what I have been eating has made me feel full at the end of a meal, I have not felt stuffed and sick like before.  I have not had to use any Pepsid Complete in over a month and have not had any problems with indigestion or acid reflux.  My weight has come down 18.5 pounds, 16 pounds of which is fat according to my scales which measure body fat percentage. 
     During this time I have also been watching videos (YouTube and Netflix) about the low fat, whole food, plant based diet that I have adopted.  Videos by Drs. Caldwell Esselstyn, T. Colin Campbell, and especially John McDougall (who has numerous videos on YouTube) have filled in the gaps of how and why to eat this way and greatly expanded my knowledge about nutrition and the history of how people ate.  Look for videos by these men, especially the longer ones (over 20 minutes).  It turns out that for last hundred years, numerous studies have shown that diet can affect if and/or to what extent we are affected by various diseases.  But many doctors today are totally unaware of this because they were trained in a system of medicine that only knows how to diagnose and treat diseases with chemicals.  They don't know anything about nutrition and it's affect on helping the body fight it's own battles against disease, of which it is greatly capable of winning.  Plus, with billions of dollars pushing drugs (often requiring a doctor's prescription but heavily marketed to the general population), the last thing this system wants is an actual cure (as opposed to a mere treatment of the symptoms) by something that is profitless for them and easy for people to do themselves without doctors (no office call charges).
     After only five weeks, I feel better, cleaner inside, and lighter overall.  I am able to climb stairs and walk across campus without being winded.  And I am loving my new diet and look forward to seeing where it will take me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home